Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mt. Timp

I have always wanted to hike Timp as I have heard others talk about how cool it is…so, I created a facebook group and invited everyone to come with me on Friday, September 4th.

View Image

Unfortunately, however, I got sick the day before going and decided that it would not be to my advantage to go hike the mountain. One week, I decided that I could not put it off any longer. So, at 11:30pm on Friday the 11th, Matt, Rachel Connell and I left to go hike the mountain. Chrissy spent the week preparing us by telling us about her not-so-fabulous experience so we came well-prepared. The picture below is just above “The Saddle” of the mountain. Matt and I made it about 15-20 minutes above the saddle trying to summit before we decided to turn around. We had a time limit as Rachel and I had to be at work at 8am the next morning. We made it up to the Saddle around 3:45am.

IMG_9507

Here is what it looked like most of the time. Those are flashlights of those who came behind me. The picture is not as cool as I wanted it to look but I think it gets the point across. It was pitch black and we had to use our flashlights. It was hard even to use the light of others’ flashlights because there were rocks and obstacles much of the way.

IMG_9508

This photo was taken around 6:30am. It was getting light but it was still really dark on the trail.

IMG_9511

Matt was really excited to be in this picture.

IMG_9512

We were lucky to have Rachel come with us. :)

IMG_9514

YAY. Pictures.

IMG_9524

It was really pretty once we got to see everything.

IMG_9529

YAY. We made it. We left at 12:20 and made it down at about 7:10.

2 comments:

CK Morgan said...

woah. that is far. i don't care to ever hike Timp. I am SO LAME!

Koko said...

You are amazingly ambitious and crazy! haha I thought it sounded kind of fun but realized I may never get around to doing this. I'm in pretty good shape, but sometimes these old hips...don't lie! haha