Thursday, September 9, 2010

Intro to Outdoor Recreation

A new requirement as of this year is to take RYML 123. I am really excited about it because of all the activities that we get to do. Our first week was bonding games and things like that. Our second week we went down to the church’s property right at the edge of Utah Lake and Provo River. We learned the basics of Canoeing and Kayaking. Here are some pictures.

The scenery where we went was  beautiful!! :) I could not see any city or people other than our group. This is my friend Lexi. I wanted to get a picture of the pretty plants and clouds.

Kayaking 210

This is Holly, Lexi, and Lindsey. We all drove together and were apparently the only people who carpooled. HAAH

Kayaking 211

Kayaking 214

So our teacher told us that the gate would be unlocked for us to park there…but it wasn’t. So it looked really fishy when we all had to climb through that hole right there. Bryce is trying to pick the lock right now. (and by right now i mean in the this picture :))

Kayaking 216

As I said earlier, it was beautiful there!

Kayaking 217

Some people were really excited to be there…

Kayaking 231

Kayaking 234

Others…not so much :)

Kayaking 233

We were determined to be good though.Kayaking 244

Who knew BYU owned so many kayaks and canoes? Not me!

Kayaking 249

I took a lot of teamwork,

Kayaking 263

but we did it!

 Kayaking 268

I was on the Kayaks first and I did not want to take my camera out in Utah lake so I left it on shore.

Kayaking 304

Kayaking 305

Then, I went in a canoe. It was not very romantic, but my canoe and I had a good heart to heart. Her boyfriend is ready to get married and she is not :) haha.

Kayaking 311

Even though we think this is a sewer pipe, I still think the reflection is beautiful. Everything reflected really well in the water.

Kayaking 313

We all really like this picture, even if Aubrey was tired of pictures by this one. haha.

Kayaking 314

I loved being in the canoe with Aubrey Cook. She is one of my favorite people in the major and the world. :)

Kayaking 337

Overall, it was a really fun class and I am excited for this semester. :)

2 comments:

Koko said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I bet you were #1. I was glad when there were pictures of you too. :)

CK Morgan said...

that looks fun! You are lucky to take that class.