Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thursday May 28, 2009
Today woke up and went to school. It was pouring so that was kind of fun. We are supposed to have rain for the next couples of days so that will be interesting. School was fine and we played some Japanese games so that was fun. After school we all went to the Catholic Church down the street. The missionaries of other churches were there obviously a long time before ours were so that was interesting. We looked around the church for a little bit and talked a bit about the history. The Church was destroyed a couple of times so that was interesting. They had a big part of bringing Christianity to modern Japan so that is cool. They had a place with people’s bones in them though so that kind of creepy. J
After that Hana and I went to eat Ramen and walked around for a bit and then went back up to the Church to study. I studied for about an hour and a half and then went home. It was pouring so that was fun. I played with the kids. We watched the KBYU channel and watched shows in English including Barney. Oh the joys of Barney. Haha. Hinari really wanted me to be a horse so both the kids got on my back and I crawled around. My mom got a kick out of that and was telling my dad later. Haha. It was funny. The boy is so funny and now runs around and says my name all the time so that was fun.
Random note, I am really glad that I bought that ipod because since I am wearing a mask on the densha I cant really talk to anyone so I just listen to music. I even bought some Japanese cds so it is legit. Haha.
We had fried chicken and fish for dinner. It was delicious. I am not loving Meso Soup any better yet, but I am starting to not really be able to taste the Mugi Tea anymore so that is fun. I drink it everyday. J My mom says though that this is actually with oats instead of wheat like the others ones…so weird. I played more with my little siblings. Hinari sang “She’ll Be Coming Around the Mountain” and did actions for me so that was funny. Haha. She is cute. They all went to give the kids a bath and I worked on homework and then all the sudden it went to Chaos. Hinari was bawling and screaming and there was a big family fight. Talk about awkward. Not really sure what to do. So I just watched music videos and worked on some stuff. It is still going on so I am not really sure what to do. Oh well, every family has their moments. Anyway, I will try to have a more exciting day tomorrow!
I think it calmed down because Mom and Dad Orito and I watched most of Ponyo, the new Miyazaki movie. It was cute and they turned on english subtitles for me. Unfortunately, it only worked for the first ten minutes of the movie and even then it didnt make sense. haha. It was good though but I will probably regret the staying up so late thing.

No comments: