
Me and Kyoto and the mountains.
Today I woke up 15 minutes after my alarm and read my scriptures. Marcy got up and was annoyed that she didn’t set her alarm because she wanted a lot of time to study and get ready in the morning. Oh well, she was fine after a grumpy second. J WE went down and ate breakfast and I realized my second big mess-up of the trip. I mistakenly ate too much the first week being here for breakfast—so this morning, when I couldn’t eat as much, Okaasan thought I wasn’t feeling well. But I had eaten two pieces of toast, a small bowl of cereal, a banana, a small yogurt, some little mochi balls and kiwi. She thinks my stomach is a lot bigger I guess. She made sandwiches for both of us too and I just didn’t want to make myself sick by eating it. She drove us to the station because she didn’t have work today and we traveled to the second stop away from our place—saga-arashiyama. There we walked for a bit to arashiyama station where we were going to meet the others. We were really early, and so we shopped around a little bit. I almost bought Jonathan a little Yukata, but couldn’t make myself take out the money so I didn’t buy it. I wasn’t really in the mood. Oh well, next time.
The others came and then we walked over a famous old bridge to the other side. The monkey park was on the other side, but we practically had to climb up the mountain to get to where the monkeys were. Poor Marcy was very unhappy about that but honestly, I think all the walking and climbing are good for us. Haha. Anyway, we got to the top and there were monkeys EVERYWHERE. They would let you get really close to them too. It was amazing. We were told not to make eye contact with them as they would feel threatened by that and that theory was proven several times when we got hisses and scowls from the monkeys. We got there for feeding time. They played the can-can song while the monkeys flocked to get the food. They people who worked there offered to take a picture and they would feed a monkey right in front of us and then it would sit there for the picture. It was awesome. The landscape was beautiful and since we were on the top of one of the mountain peaks, we could see the entire city of Kyoto. It was beautiful. The monkeys would sit on everything and anything and I got some very amusing pictures. I videod part of the feeding time and it is sooo funny. J I just watched it. Anyway, we could go in this resting room and feed the monkeys if we wanted too. Marcy and I split and bought apples to feed to them. They were feisty and you could feed them right from your hand, it was awesome. J









1 comment:
those monkeys are so cool! I want one!
Post a Comment